Principal Software Engineer - Tempe, Arizona
Sunny Arizona! Home to one of the best fintech companies in the US which you could have the chance to work for! My client are building out their whole technology infrastructure and require a Principal Software Engineer to work in Tempe. This is a pivotal time during an immense growth spurt.
You will be apart of their Core banking and Payment Solutions delivery team, which provides technology solutions and integration services in following areas: Core banking, Credit/Charge/Debit Cards, Merchant Services, Payments (US, UK), Foreign Exchange, and Trade Finance.
- Design and develop technical solutions that meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Provide development leadership (Architecture, Design, Development) for medium to large sized projects and maintenance on our client facing online and mobile banking systems
- Oversee proactive maintenance on our existing Iaas/SaaS and on premise applications within the Digital, Mobile, Cards, Merchant Services, Payments, Foreign Exchange, Core banking and Trade Finance space to ensure our mission critical systems remain stable, are able to scale as our business grows, and remain fit-for-purpose
- Coordinate and assist with troubleshooting of code defects, data errors and configuration problems to determine the origin of application error
- Strong experience in supporting Business critical/ complex applications.
- Exercises Judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Must have technical lead experience for medium sized projects
- Drive departmental best practices, guidelines implementation and adhere to standards
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and developing real-time integrations, file-based integrations and be able to optimize the use of database level processing
- Empathy with developers. Innate desire to create a superlative developer experience down to the last detail
- Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure code
- Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore
- Working closely with Product Managers to execute on the business requirements
- Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty
- Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 10+ Years of experience
- Strong design & development experience with JEE & Enterprise Technologies: JMS, JDBC, Web development, Transactions, WS-*, JVM, JSP, Servlets, EJB, JNDI, JMX, JTA, Spring, JUnit, Hibernate
- Preferred experience with Web development, Mobile Development (iOS & Android), React JS/Angular JS/Polymer JS, NodeJS
- Preferred experience on public API development and using API Gateway like APiGEE
- XML technologies: XSLT, XPATH, DOM, SAX, JAXP, XSD, XQuery Namespaces and XML parsers and tools
- File-based transfer applications (e.g. Sterling, SFTP, etc)
- Strong proficiency and hands on experience in Design and Development RDBMS architecture and performance tuning systems like Oracle/MS- SQL/SQL Server
- Understanding of Distributed Computing paradigms like Active/Passive, Master/Slave Clusters
- Experience building SpringBoot Microservices.
- Experience building applications using container architecture with Kubernetes orchestration
- AWS Cloud experience is a must
- Worked on Agile projects and has complete knowledge of day to day Agile routine