Development and App Support Manager - Milton Keynes
- £70K / Year
Development & Application Support Manager
To run day to day management of a small team of Developers, as well as project based outsource partners. This role reports directly to the Head of Systems and Development and will be responsible for the planning, assigning and directing application design, development and implementation.
While this role will still be very much hands-on, they will be responsible for managing the development and ongoing support of end to end solutions. Through their use of software engineering skills, the successful applicant will be part of a dynamic team, whose remit spreads across all of OSS/BSS infrastructure.
They will have an excellent understanding of the software which drives services such as Billing (Xero / SAP / generic billing systems) / CRM Systems (Salesforce) and API Services ( Lamda, apache, python, php) and help support new products in developing infrastructure such as FTTx and Ethernet. They will understand the project life cycle, and basic project methodologies, as well as source control (GIT), and mentoring staff, documenting their code, as well as keeping the end customer in mind.
Good technical understanding of programming methodology used in today's environment as well as keeping abreast of future emerging technologies.
Capable of reverse engineering undocumented legacy systems business data models, dealing with problems, queries and requests for change relating to billing, CRM and network products. Operating to an agreed time line for resolution.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members.
* Ability to understand current/changing business processes, participation in defining application and platform functionality.
* Holds sound understanding of IT technology concepts and software architectures, development tools, CRM, Financial Systems, Jira, Source Control, etc.
* Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
* Exceptional communication, problem solving and cross-group collaboration skills.
* Over 5 years within the Internet Service Provider / Telecoms industry desirable; a development background is expected, with proven track record in all areas of ISP development, as well as having over 3 years in technical management.
* Minimum 5 year's experience in software development in a heterogeneous UNIX, networked environment such as Unix, FreeBSD or Linux;
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field of study for software development. (or equivalent)
* ISP / Telecoms experience
* Development or Architecture background